New York Car Accident Lawyers
Injured In A Car Accident? Get The Help You Need!
Have you or your loved ones been injured in a car accident? Do you have questions and need help navigating the challenging process to protect your rights and obtain the compensation you deserve?
Turn to the trusted auto accident attorneys in New York City at Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson, LLP. For more than seven decades, Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson, L.L.P. has been helping injured victims of New York City auto accidents get the help they need.
Our experienced New York City auto accident lawyers can help you get appropriate medical attention, act as a liaison with the insure agency on your behalf, and work to obtain the maximum compensation for your losses.
Our dedicated team of car accident lawyers in New York represents victims of:
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents caused by distracted driving including texting while driving
- Drunk driving accidents
- Car crashes and collisions caused by dangerous roadways
- Auto accidents caused by taxis and ride-pay businesses like Uber and Lyft
- And more
Get A Free Evaluation By An Experienced New York City Auto Accident Attorney
If you have recently sustained injuries in a car accident, contact Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson for a FREE evaluation today. We have extensive experience representing victims of car accident injuries in New York City and have obtained millions of dollars in compensation to assist injured victims. Our dedicated team can help guide you through this complex process.
5 Things You Should Do To Protect Your Rights After A Car Accident in New York City
If you are involved in a car accident in New York City, here are five things you can do to help protect your rights.
- Contact the local authorities
Call the police immediately following a car accident. Failure to notify the proper authorities and file necessary reports can make it almost impossible for auto accident attorneys in New York City to help in your case. This will also probably cause the insurance company to deny any claims from the accident.
Failure to report an auto accident is also against the law in some areas, so be to contact the local authorities if you are involved in an accident.
- Remain at the scene of the accident
Remain at the accident scene until the authorities arrive. If you leave the scene of the accident, this could result in hit-and-run charges against you so it's important that you do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Do not move your vehicle from the accident scene
Unless it would put you or others are in danger, do not move your car from the accident scene. This will help authorities record important information needed regarding the accident and to file the proper reports.
- Be calm, honest, and concise
While speaking to the police about the accident, try to stay calm and choose your words wisely. Everything that you say can be used to deny you needed compensation, so do not admit anything and only discuss relevant information about the accident.
- Obtain important information
Obtain as much information as possible about everything pertaining to the auto accident. Request names and spellings, contact information, and other important information from everyone involved including witnesses. Remember to also get the licenses plate number(s) of other individuals involved in the accident.
Take photos of skid marks, auto damages, any injuries, and other damage caused. Record the day/date, time, and weather conditions at the time of the auto accident. Check with the police to make sure they obtain insurance and contact information about the other driver(s)involved in the accident.
This information will be helpful to the Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson New York City auto accident attorney who reviews your case.
Contact Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson Today
The best way to protect your rights after an auto accident in New York City is to retain an attorney with a reputation for getting results in similar auto accidents in the greater New York City area. Our experienced car accident lawyers in New York have a reputation for getting the compensation, guidance, and support you deserve.
At Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson, we offer a FREE consultation so there is nothing to lose by discussing your situation and learning about your rights from one of our experienced New York City auto accident lawyers.
Don’t wait. Contact us by email or call our office at 212-355-8000 to speak with us today.
You have nothing to lose and much to gain. Let us stand up for your rights.
Handling Auto Accident Claims Throughout NY
At Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson, L.L.P., our New York lawyers help the victims of auto accidents. For more than 70 years, our firm has been a trusted resource for car accident victims throughout Greater New York City.
If you've been hurt in an car accident, our attorneys can help you make sure you are getting proper medical care, communicate with the insurer on your behalf and take steps to secure the maximum available compensation for your losses.
The team at Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson represents our clients in texting while driving accidents, hit and run accidents, drunk driving accidents, distracted driving accidents, collisions caused by dangerous roadways and accidents involving taxisand new ride-share programs like Uber and Lyft.
Accomplished Representation in New York Car Accident Lawsuits
Protect Your Rights After A New York Car Accident
- Call the police: The first thing you should do is contact the local police. Failure to contact the proper authorities and file the reports needed can make it nearly impossible for a New York car accident attorney to help you in your case, and will likely cause the insurance company to deny any claims. Also, in some areas, it is against the law to fail to report an accident.
- Don't leave the scene: It is important to remain on the scene until the authorities arrive. While you may be in a hurry to get where you need to be, leaving may cause you to face hit-and-run charges.
- Keep your car at the accident scene: Unless you are in danger, leave your vehicle at the scene of the accident. This helps the police record all the important information needed to file the proper reports.
- Be honest: While speaking to the police about the accident, choose your words carefully. Only share facts related to the accident and do not admit to anything. Everything that you say can be used in the future.
- Gather information: Get as much information as possible about everyone involved in the auto accident. If there are witnesses, get their information, too. Try to get names, phone numbers, and addresses. It's also important to get the other person's licenses plate number. In addition, use your phone to take pictures. Take photos of any injuries, the vehicles involved, and other damage caused. You can also record the date, time, and weather during the accident using your phone. The police will help you get the other driver's insurance information. All of this information will be helpful in your case.
Contact NY Auto Accident Attorney
The best way to get the compensation you need after a motor vehicle accident is to retain a personal injury lawyer with a record of results in similar cases. At Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson, we offer a FREE consultation so there is nothing to lose by learning more about your rights. Please send us an email or call 212-355-8000 to speak with someone at our firm.