New York Car Accident Lawyers
Handling Auto Accident Claims Throughout NY
At Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson, L.L.P., our New York lawyers help the victims of auto accidents. For more than 70 years, our firm has been a trusted resource for car accident victims throughout Greater New York City.
If you've been hurt in an car accident, our attorneys can help you make sure you are getting proper medical care, communicate with the insurer on your behalf and take steps to secure the maximum available compensation for your losses.
The team at Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson represents our clients in texting while driving accidents, hit and run accidents, drunk driving accidents, distracted driving accidents, collisions caused by dangerous roadways and accidents involving taxisand new ride-share programs like Uber and Lyft.
Accomplished Representation in New York Car Accident Lawsuits
Protect Your Rights After A New York Car Accident
- Call the police: The first thing you should do is contact the local police. Failure to contact the proper authorities and file the reports needed can make it nearly impossible for a New York car accident attorney to help you in your case, and will likely cause the insurance company to deny any claims. Also, in some areas, it is against the law to fail to report an accident.
- Don't leave the scene: It is important to remain on the scene until the authorities arrive. While you may be in a hurry to get where you need to be, leaving may cause you to face hit-and-run charges.
- Keep your car at the accident scene: Unless you are in danger, leave your vehicle at the scene of the accident. This helps the police record all the important information needed to file the proper reports.
- Be honest: While speaking to the police about the accident, choose your words carefully. Only share facts related to the accident and do not admit to anything. Everything that you say can be used in the future.
- Gather information: Get as much information as possible about everyone involved in the auto accident. If there are witnesses, get their information, too. Try to get names, phone numbers, and addresses. It's also important to get the other person's licenses plate number. In addition, use your phone to take pictures. Take photos of any injuries, the vehicles involved, and other damage caused. You can also record the date, time, and weather during the accident using your phone. The police will help you get the other driver's insurance information. All of this information will be helpful in your case.
Contact NY Auto Accident Attorney
The best way to get the compensation you need after a motor vehicle accident is to retain a personal injury lawyer with a record of results in similar cases. At Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson, we offer a FREE consultation so there is nothing to lose by learning more about your rights. Please send us an email or call 212-355-8000 to speak with someone at our firm.