New York Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Pulvers Thompsons: Get the Best Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases in New York are becoming increasingly popular. Most of them are as a result of negligence by medical professionals; leading to injuries or death. Have you, your friend or someone you love suffered after a healthcare facility or provider has made medical errors? At Pulvers Thompsons, you can get some of the best medical malpractice lawyers NYC You need to seek our legal counsel so that we can help you build your case and get the compensation you deserve. You also need to know and understand the types of claims that can be there. Here they are:
Mistakes when Prescribing and Administering Medication
This occurs when the doctor uses improper methods to treat a specific illness. Therefore, they either use procedures that cause you harm or prescribe the wrong medication; that worsen your condition. They might also use the correct procedure but fail to execute it properly.
This medical malpractice happens when the healthcare provider wrongly diagnoses a disease. In this case, a qualified doctor would have given a different diagnosis that would have allowed you to seek proper treatment.
Not Being Truthful About the Risks Involved
A doctor may also fail to inform you about the dangers that come with a particular treatment procedure. Consequently, it leads to injuries or sometimes death.
Why Hire our Medical Malpractice Attorneys?
At Pulvers Thompsons, we have been serving the people of New York for decades. Hence, we have the skills and expertise required to build and win your case.
- Quality Services
With us, you never have to worry about negligence or lack of adequate attention. Our lawyers handle limited cases at a time so that we can give each of them our best. This increases our chances of succeeding.
Do you want the best medical malpractice lawyers NYC? All you have to do is contact us via phone or fill out one of our contact forms. We will get in touch with you after a short while and help you with your medical malpractice claim.
Handling Medical Malpractice Claims Throughout NY
Many people are surprised to learn that more people are injured and killed in the United States by medical errors than by car accidents. Medical malpractice in New York is more common than many people believe. If you or someone you love was hurt by a negligent medical provider or organization, you are not alone. At Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson, L.L.P., in New York City, our medical malpractice lawyers are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice: The Basics
Medical malpractice is a result of a doctor's incompetence. It is where the actions (or inaction) of a medical professional resulted in the patient's harm. When a doctor's diagnosis or procedure causes injury or death, there is a possibility of medical malpractice. To be specific, a doctor's decisions and actions should always be "reasonably skillful and careful." It should not fall below the accepted standard in the medical field.
There are three common types of medical malpractice claims:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose the illness — This is a case where a doctor incorrectly diagnosed an illness, wherein a competent doctor would have given a different diagnosis which could have led to better results.
- Improper procedure or treatment of illness — In this scenario, the doctor's procedure caused the patient harm, while a competent doctor would have opted for a different procedure which could have provided a better outcome. Also, even if the doctor's choice of procedure was correct but the way it was executed was poor, there is also a possible claim for medical malpractice.
- Failure to communicate risks involved — If a doctor fails to inform the patient of all the known risks in any treatment or procedure, and it resulted in a patient's injury or death, there is a possible case of medical malpractice.
Our NY medical malpractice attorneys represent patients in virtually all types of medical malpractice cases, including:
- Hospital negligence when malpractice occurs in a hospital setting
- Plastic surgery malpractice
- Malpractice and negligence during surgery, including anesthesia errors
- Drug-related injuries caused by medication errors
- Unprofessional conduct by a medical professional
- Birth injuries to mothers and children
Experience And Passion Working For You
To better assist you, our medical malpractice lawyers accept a limited number of cases at a time. With a small case load, we can devote the necessary attention to your case. Our extremely high success rate in medical malpractice claims has prompted hundreds of other lawyers to refer and recommend our firm to their clients.
Successful settlements and jury awards in medical malpractice cases often hinge on having an attorney who understands the professional standard of care as well as the medicine behind the injury. Our team has the medical malpractice skill and experience to clearly identify how and why your injury occurred, as well as the ability to clearly explain it to a jury.
Get A Free Consultation
To schedule a free consultation at our office in midtown Manhattan, please contact us at 347-354-4676. You may also fill out our contact form and a member of our firm will contact you shortly.