What is Unprofessional Medical Conduct?
Unprofessional conduct in the medical field includes the commission or omission of any act that is detrimental or harmful to a patient or to the health, safety, and welfare of the public, and which violates the high standards of honesty, diligence, prudence, and ethical integrity demanded from physicians and osteopaths licensed to practice in a certain jurisdiction.
Forms of Unprofessional Conduct
Some examples of unprofessional conduct include:
- Physical abuse of a patient
- Inadequate record keeping
- Not recognizing or failure to act upon common symptoms
- Prescribing drugs in excessive amounts or without legitimate reason
- Personal impairment (mental or physical) that hinders safely practicing within the scope of one’s license or certificate
- Performing duties beyond the scope of one’s license or certificate
- Violation of doctor-patient confidentiality
Accomplished Representation in
Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
If you or your loved one was injured due to medical malpractice, contact our New York lawyers for a FREE case evaluation today. Our attorneys have secured millions in compensation for medical malpractice victims.